Hope you've had an awesome week tearing up the FFXII event which marks the end of an era, with D220 Ruin+ incoming with the next event and the relocation of Cid Missions to D180 Ultimate++. Time to ramp up!
I gave myself last week off due to a busy period at work but in the meantime the Japanese version of the game has exploded with the Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary x Golden Week celebrations. This is going to be a big one so let's get to it!
JP Week(s) in Review!
Launch of BRA★BRA collaboration Stage of Glittering Melodies
No new characters
New Bard 5 Ability Demon's War Song: grants Demon ATK +10/20/30/40/50% for a short duration based on number of stacks. This stacks with all ATK buffs.
New Bard 5 Ability Devil's Anthem: grants Devil MAG +10/20/30/40/50% for a short duration based on number of stacks. This stacks with all MAG buffs.
New USB for Edward, Mog
New BSB released for Echo, Kefka
New LM relics released for Edward, Mog.
Launch of Dissidia Final Fantasy Event Gathering of Heroes
- No new characters
- No new abilities
- New USB released for Gabranth
- New CSB released for Garland, notable for doing 22 hits on entry!
- New LM relics released for Gabranth, Garland and Kuja
- A slightly different format here with each of the stages being a single boss round only with no trash. Easier on stamina and faster to clear, I thought this was a great change of pace!
Launch of Episode: Magicite part 2
Introduction of Holy and Dark magicite dungeons to round out the existing 6 elemental dungeons, however we are still missing a bio dungeon.
Mist Dragon (holy) and Black Dragon (dark) will be available to face after the first set of 6. They seem to be siginificantly more difficult than the first lot of bosses so be prepared!
Upon completion of Mist Dragon and Black Dragon a new Urara RW will be available in magicite dungeons, which appears to be ATK/MAG 30% plus haste (Onion Burst without commands)
Half price Magicite Dungeon campaign launch to commemorate this release
Launch of Dungeon Update 38
- Taking us back to FFVI, FFXIII, and also FFX-2
- Recurrence of the JP style DU lucky banner - 1 free single pull, everything else full price.
- Recurrence of limited time half price stamina for all story dungeons. A great chance to catch up or keep up!
- FFIX gets a new nightmare dungeon with the appearance of Nova Dragon, including the standard set of 200/250/300 dungeons. First impressions are this seems like a pretty easy boss but the trash can really pack a punch so be prepared!
Introduction of Daily Missions
- At this stage the only addition is 3 cid missions to clear a dungeon rewarding 10,000 gil, 1,000 Gysal Greens, and 1 mythril. Pretty easy to collect just running the things you would be doing anyway, and they refresh every day. Let's hope they stick around!
Golden Week Festival
I won’t go into the schedule in detail as it has been covered at length elsewhere, such as the megathread written by CareerSMN. I will cover some hilights "briefly" though:
Twitter refresh campaign - one free stamina refresh each day by posting tweet from in game.
2 x Mythril dungeons awarding 30 Mythril each.
A never ending shower of login gifts.
"Free" Tyro USB2 6* Book awared for completing the FF30th Anniversary dungeon. This is a direct upgrade to his OSB offering a small all stat buff and hastega to the party, as well as dealing 17 hit entry damage with an amazing animation!
2 phase orbfest featuring two 3 x orb dungeon sets during each phase with upgrade material dungeons running all the way through. These also feature the return of the Golden Vault and Roulette - get ready to farm some chips!
3 x Lucky banners leading in to the festival: Healing BSB only, BSB/USB/CSB only, 6* only.
Set of 5 x Festival Banners - these are your standard fare, but the relic distribution is a staggering 4 x USB/CSB and 10 x BSB. An amazing set of banners to grab some great prizes on!
Free 30 pull to commemorate the FF30th Anniversary. One time only but you haven't lived until you've seen 30 relic balls on the screen at once. The pool included all SSB, BSB and OSB relased prior to the FFV even "Four Hearts", so lucky players could get some cool relics for free!
30 Anniversary Selection - this was an interesting banner. being one time only and gems only. It included all SSB+ relics released prior to the FFV Four Hearts Event in the draw pool. Upon completion of your pull, you could choose a BSB from a selection list of over 116 bursts!
Crystal Tower Selection - if the last draw seemed cool but you don't want to spend gems fret not, this is a similar deal but you can pull with mythril. One time only full price draw, SSB+ relics released prior to Bra Bra event Stage of Glittering Melodies in the draw pool. Upon completion of your pull, you could choose a BSB from a list of 15 bursts. This really is 30A selection lite, but there might be a gap in your account you can fill with a selection burst.
FFRK Report #22 Released
- Hot of the press today we get a tease of the upcoming event schedule and campagains. Publishing late has it's benefits it seems - I got you this time DeNA!
- Event schedule FFIII (tomorrow), FFXV, FFVIII, FFVII
- Another Record Mission campaign is scheduled to be launched this month, featruing dugeons from FFVI, FFVII, FFIX, FFX and FFXI.
And there you have it, what a busy stretch it's been! Do tune in next week to hear what exciting new things DeNA has in store with the upcoming FFIII event and also a leaked EnHoly/EnDark Lucky Draw!
As always, keep up the good work and keep saving those mythrils!
Best wishes from Australia, Derek.