Hope you've had an awesome week winding down the Summer Festival and are cruising through any outstanding catch up!
A very eventful week in the Japanese version of the game with the launch of the abilities and daily dungeons overhaul update which has seen some substantial changes. Let's check it out:
JP Week in Review!
Launch of FFXII Event The Truth Past the Phantoms
- No new characters this week
- New Machinist 5 ability Burning Snipe: 6 x ST ranged fire physical damage
- New Machinist 5 ability Heat Offer: 2 x ST ranged fire physical damage with medium chance to minor imperil fire
- New Machinist 5 ability Freezing Snipe: 6 x ST ranged ice physical damage
- New Dancer 5 ability Crash Tango: Large DEF/RES debuff to all enemies
- New Dancer 5 ability Smash Jitterbug: Large ATK /MAG debuff to all enemies
- New USB released for Ashe, Balthier, Basch
- New BSB released for Penelo
- LM relics featured for Ashe, Penelo, Balthier, Basch, Vaan, Gabranth
- New abilities here are interesting; more of the same with Machinist but new elements. The new Dancer abilities represent some significant love for the school though and will make it omni relevant. Also, new LM2 and LMR for Penelo are quite good and synergise with dancing so win win for Penelo!
- Still Belias (FFT) and Nova Dragon (FFIX) at the time of this writing, hopefully something new to report next week. There has been some data leaked about Barthandelus Nightmare Dungeons.....
Ability balance changes
- A pretty big update here, I would recommend checking your favorite resources for more detail on exactly which abilities have been changed and how, but generally speaking:
- SB Gauge generation for most abilities has been increased. Things like Lifesiphon and Wrath remain unchanged, and the changes are different depending on ability rarity, but generally speaking for 5* abilities gain will now be somewhere between 70-80 depending on ability type (elemental abilities will start a little less to offset bonus when exploiting weakness, fast cast abilities will also be penalised somewhat to equalise gain versus other abilities).
- Summoning abilities use per hone increased by one. You will now start with two uses at R1 and end up with six uses at R5.
- Many animations have also been changed so have fun finding out which of your favorites have received an update!
Daily Dungeon Updates
- Another big update, this has seen an overhaul of the daily dungeon schedule (check in game for details) and also the following general changes:
- Regular orb dungeons now come in two difficulties: EX (rare drop is major orbs) and EX+ (rare drop is crystals). You must do the appropriate stage for majors/crystals, there is no overlap.
- Regular orb dungeons are now split into two sets of focused dungeons each day. For example, Wednesday is now Dark/Ice. There is a set of Dark EX/EX+ that only drop Dark orbs, and a set of Ice EX/EX+ that only drop Ice orbs.
- Daily dungeons are now made up of two stages instead of three. In orb dungeons this is offset by including 3 mobs per wave (excluding pot waves). EX dungeons remain at 40 stamina per stage (80 dungeon total), and EX+ is 50 stamina per stage (100 dungeon total).
- An easier Orb Prairie dungeon is available every day - this will drop orbs of every element and comes in at 20 stamina per stage, 40 stamina total.
- EXP dungeons at easy and EX difficulty are now available very day. These are rated at 20 stamina per stage/40 total and 40 stamina per stage/80 total each. The EX dungeon stamina gain appears to have been increased significantly!
- Also expecting a dedicated EX+ EXP dungeon on Sundays that will reward even more EXP!
And I think that's it for this week. Not a lot going on in terms of events but whoo boy have there been some big chages! Still to come are the exepected Mote dungeon overhaul and also expected soon is another FFRK Report to outline the upcoming event schedule. Do tune in next week to find out how it's going!
As always, keep up the good work and keep saving those mythrils!
Best wishes from Australia, Derek.