Hope you've had an awesome week farming Geo while we wait for a proper event. Type-0 strikes again.
A lot has happened since we last caught up (sorry for the delay) with a little bit of everything in the mix, so let's check it out:
JP Week in Review!
Launch of FFXIII-2 Event Crossroads of Time
- No new characters this week
- No new abilities this week
- New USB released for Noel, Serah, Hope, Snow, Sazh
- New BSB released for Serah
- LM relics featured for Noel, Serah, Snow, Hope, Sazh, Lightning
- Full open format so a quick one to get through. Notable here was the rewards on the recurring Proudclad Full Throttle were reset so yay for free stuff!
Mote Dungeon Update
- The Mote Dungeon revamp is here, and with it come farmable 4* motes
- A mote dungeon will always be open, and they will rotate every two days.
- Each mote dungeon features a relatively easy boss that is weak to one element.
- This is full throttle format with only one SB bar available to start the battle.
- First time and mastery rewards will give a decent amount of motes.
- Completion rewards will give 6 x 4* motes each time you farm the boss. If you can beat the boss in under 30 seconds, you will get a bonus 4 x 4* motes for a total of 10.
- These dungeons cost 60 stamina. Pretty expensive way to supplement mote income but better than farming multiplayer if you're desparate.
Protect The Espers mini event launched
- This was basically an easier version of Crystal Tower but with a FFVI/Kefka theme. Nothing much else to say, another source of cheap, easy rewards.
- FFXIII got it's first nightmare dungeon with the introduction of Barthandelus! He's already left but presented a good challenge on both the 200 and 300 cid missions. The 300 version in particular has a nasty 30 second doom timer after the Pauldron/Ailette are destroyed which makes the 3 man cid mission quite interesting....
FFRK Report #24 released
- This report really seemed to be a lot of fluff more than exciting content but given what we've become used to that was to be expected at some point. Hilights were:
- Event schedule: FFXII (complete), FFXIII-2 (ongoing), FFVI (starting today), FFIII, FF Type-0
- Girls Record Collection campaign: An opportunity to obtain all of the previously released female character's dress records.
- Crystal tower coming back July 30, hopefully a step back up in challenge compared to Protect the Esper
- New Magicite features: 4* Magicite dungeons under development (hype!), and new Magicite inheritance mechanic teased. Sounds like some sort of fusion/prestige feature, more news as it lands!
- Free stuff daily login campaigns: Zodiac Age Release campaign, MO 1st Anniversary campaign.
- A lucky banner was just released featuring relics that have +lightning bonuses. Some great things here so do check out the relic listing, good luck if you pull!
- Next lucky banner also leaked - 5* Spellblade users. Will be interesting to see how they curate this as the pool looks quite large.
And I think that's it for this week. A pretty nice period in the game - plenty of things to do but not overwhelming. The full open format on the weekly events helps to alleviate some pressure and I for one would love to see that more and more moving forward. Do tune in next week to here what other exciting things DeNA has in store for us!
As always, keep up the good work and keep saving those mythrils!
Best wishes from Australia, Derek.